Please direct all questions regarding accreditation and/or interview requests to
March 7, 2012 - Media accreditation requests are now available for 2013. Thank you for everyone's patience, we are finally caught up on the back log of applications. If you have sent us an email in the recent past, and you do not receive an email from us within the next few days then please drop us a quick email (do not use the new application form). If you are a new applicant, please use our new application form.
Please check back in the near future for exciting news and updates.
Applying for Media Passes
Do I qualify for media passes?
The following is a general rubric for those seeking media accreditation.
- The publication has to be in print for at least one year with at least a 2,000 circulation per issue.
- Samples of such publication may be required to be submitted to Anime North.
- Any smaller publication/media representation will be considered at the discretion of Anime North.
- The website must be live prior to the beginning of the convention year (January 1st).
- 5,000 hits/month and at least 1,000 unique visitors per month. Please provide a live link to both your website and to your statistics page. (Note: newly launched but legitimate websites will be accepted under the discretion of Anime North).
- The webzine/website is updated weekly.
- The webzine/website is represented by true journalistic activities. Samples of reports/articles will be reviewed. As we are supportive of fan-based websites, we wish only to support those that present themselves in a professional journalistic manner. "Con report" websites do not necessarily qualify as legitimate contributors or members of the press/media.
- "Fan sites" based upon the works or on the individual Guest of Honor will not be considered unless the website presents itself as a website that is legitimate in press or media activities.
- Due to the high volume of applications for media badges, their limited numbers as well as the privileges they grant, publications that are reporting on the convention itself (activities, guests, awards, etc) will have priority. As a general rule of thumb, we request that a minimum of three quarters of the report focus on the core aspects of Anime North itself.
Radio: (Web and/or FM/AM)
- Transmitter must be equal or stronger then 1 Megawatt, or broadcast at a minimum of 32kbps streaming connection capable of supporting a minimum of 500 simultaneous connections.
- Must serve an average daily audience of 1000 listeners. AM/FM will be requested for frequency information, and have ready at request a sample of programming if transmit radius falls outside the GTA. Web casters will be requested for a live link to the website including the broadcasting link. Please have hosting and connection information available if requested.
The webzine/website/radio has to cover at least one of the following:
- Japanese Culture
- Canadian Pop Culture
- Asian Culture
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the media department at:
How do I apply?
To help facilitate the accreditation process for media passes, we've put together a quick web form which you can fill out via this link: Anime North 2013 - Media Application.
All media badges are COMPLIMENTARY. Requests are approved on a case-by-case basis. You will be notified by e-mail of your application status.