Costume Workmanship Contest
The Costume Workmanship Contest (CWC) is a Costume Contest where only workmanship skills are judged. There is no stage presentation and no audience. A photographer will be present.
Date: Friday, May 22, 2015 (We are investigating adding Saturday times. A notice will be posted if/when that happens.)
Time: 5:00 - 9:30 PM
Location: International Plaza Hotel (room TBA)
How to Enter
You must make an appointment. Appointment deadline May 1, 2015. Make Appointment.
You must email the contest a document with reference images of your character/costume source. (NOT photos of you in costume). Here is a template example: REFERENCE IMAGES TEMPLATE.
Once you have done both those things expect a confirmation email within 3 days.
Rules for Entry
- You must have made from scratch 80% of the costume you are entering. (No closet costumes, brand lolita, J/K/XYZ Fashion brands, etc.
- One costume per person per entry year.(No pair, group or multiple entries from the same person)
- The CREATOR of the costume is the official "Entrant" and must be present at Judging. (The costume may be worn by a "model" who may be a friend or family member)
- You must enter the Judging Room in full costume. You cannot "get into costume" or assemble yourself in the room.
- You will have a 10 minute block assigned to you for judging, from start to finish. A timekeeper will enforce this.
- Walk-in appointments may be available at the convention at the Masquerade Office if time permits. You will still need reference images.
- Please do not enter the same costume in multiple competitions (i.e. masquerade and skit contest) at this convention. The other events already have workmanship judging and it is not fair to ask us to duplicate efforts. The different events share judges, be forewarned.