Toy Display and Model Contest
Come see our annual toy display and the models of our annual model contest.
There is a new firm in the UK called Eaglemoss targetting the adult collector market with their wide range of products. For example, cast in lead and about 4 inches high on average are the heroes and villains of the DC and Marvel comic universes. These figures are hand painted and highly detailed. Batmobiles are another area. These cars are hard mounted in a diorama base related to the car from the era it is from. They also have the Star Trek license and are producing ships from the Federation and other races covering all eras of the Star Trek universe. Where they have raised the bar on the level of detail is that none of these ships have a hole in the hull to plug the display stand into. Oh, there is a display stand, but you will have to bring your cameras and see it firsthand. I should mention that both the Batmobile and Star Trek lines are still being released so I will not have the full line there but I know you will like what you. Look forward to seeing you there
War veterans charity
Greetings! My name is John Martin. For years I have been putting on the toy displays from my personal collection, as well as with my team running the model contest. Now I turn to you — the attendees — for assistance in a matter that I consider important. I am a member of The Royal Canadian Legion, and we are involved in a drive to collect "zip tabs" from pop and beer cans. These tabs are used to purchase wheelchairs, which are donated to war veterans who need a wheelchair of their own. So please save your zip tabs, bring them to the con and turn them in at the toy display/model contest. I will take the responsibility of seeing that they get to the Legion. On behalf of the veterans that you will help to live fuller more meaningful, lives I thank you.
Model Contest Rules
There is no change from previous years' rules.
- Entrants are limited to one entry each.
- The categories beginner to pro are based on the complexity of the model, not the age of the entrant
- The entrant must do all the work; no team efforts (one person glues and another paints) are allowed.
- While every reasonable effort will be made to ensure security, models are left at the owners risk.
- Photos and videos will be taken of all entries.
- All entrants will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging contest rules.
- All entries must be picked up on the final day of the con (Sunday).