Toy Display and Model Contest
Come see our annual toy display and the models of our annual model contest.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
It was with those words that we were introduced to Jedi Knights, their evil counterparts, the Sith Lords, and the weapon of choice for both, the lightsaber. As Ben Kenobi put it "An elegant weapon for a more civilized time". Regardless of whether you are a Jedi, a Sith, or just a Padawan learner, you are all invited to come and see this collection of light sabers — a great number of which are fully functional. As usual there will be a few surprises, so don't forget you camera, because like in previous years, photography is encouraged!
War veterans charity
Greetings! My name is John Martin. For years I have been putting on the toy displays from my personal collection, as well as with my team running the model contest. Now I turn to you — the attendees — for assistance in a matter that I consider important. I am a member of The Royal Canadian Legion, and we are involved in a drive to collect "zip tabs" from pop and beer cans. These tabs are used to purchase wheelchairs, which are donated to war veterans who need a wheelchair of their own. So please save your zip tabs, bring them to the con and turn them in at the toy display/model contest. I will take the responsibility of seeing that they get to the Legion. On behalf of the veterans that you will help to live fuller more meaningful, lives I thank you.
Model Contest Rules
There is no change from previous years' rules.
- Entrants are limited to one entry each.
- The categories beginner to pro are based on the complexity of the model, not the age of the entrant
- The entrant must do all the work; no team efforts (one person glues and another paints) are allowed.
- While every reasonable effort will be made to ensure security, models are left at the owners risk.
- Photos and videos will be taken of all entries.
- All entrants will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging contest rules.
- All entries must be picked up on the final day of the con (Sunday).