Fan Fiction Contest
What are you up to tonight? Going to a party, maybe seeing a movie? Finally tackling that overdue calculus homework? Or, maybe you've got something much better in mind. Maybe you're going to park yourself in your computer chair, load up a couple dozen fanfiction tabs, and keep your eyes glued to the screen until the wee hours of the morning.
If so, then you're going to love ...
Anime North's 2012 Fanfiction Contest!
Your entry must be received no later than 11:59PM on April 20th, 2012. We will only accept the first 50 readable entries. You don't have to be Canadian to enter, nor to you have to be attending the convention.
Unfortunately, we can't accept snail-mailed entries.
- Only one entry per person.
- Source material must be of Japanese origin.
- Stories must be in proper story format. No scripts, songfics, etc.
- No alternate universes (AU). No need to stick religiously close to canon events, but... well, don't make Ash and Misty from Pokemon into vampires attending high school, please.
- No original characters (OCs) cast in starring roles.
- Standalone pieces only – we can’t read the rest of your series.
- No heavy use of non-English words. Please include translations for any foreign/series-specific/untranslatable terms in a small dictionary section.
- 7,000 words maximum – no minimum.
- Your entry must be PG-13. No explicit violence or sexuality.
Awards will be given for the following achievements:
- Grand Prize - Best Overall
- Best Plot
- Best Character Piece
- Best Use of Setting
- Most Believable Dialogue
We will also be giving judge awards for specialized themes (such as best romance, etc).
To boost your chances of winning, you should take some time before you enter to:
- Break up the paragraphs nicely.
- Edit carefully to ensure proper grammar and spelling.
- Let us know what category you feel your story belongs in (drama, comedy, etc).
- Include a brief summary of your story (you may also include a summary of the source material, if you'd like).