Information for Artists
Art Show Registration will open Febuary 1st!
All display space must be reserved in advance! On-site registration is not available!
We wish to welcome every one to a new year at Gallery Momiji. Please if you are retuning or wish to participate for the first time in registering with the gallery, read the FAQ before you registar. Remember to have every thing ready for when you first apply so that your application can be processes smoothly. The longer you wait the less likely you will be able to reserve a spot for you art work.
The registration will remain open until Friday, May 8th, Gallery Momiji's registration deadline.
To reserve space in the Anime North 2014 Art Show, click here for the Art Show Registration Form (PDF).
Click here to read the Art Show FAQ. — Please read the FAQ before contacting the gallery curators!
|Fees:||Fees are for space only.
You may reserve no more than 2 full units (panels or tables) per artist.
Reserve early since space is allotted on a first reserved & paid basis.
|Full Panel||4' x 8'
(48" x 96")
|Full Table||2' x 6'
(24" x 72")
$25.00 after March 31
|Half Panel||4' x 4'
(48" x 48")
|Half Table||2' x 3'
(24" x 36")
$12.50 after March 31
|Quarter Panel||4' x 2'
(48" x 24")
|Quarter Table||2' x 1.5'
(24" x 18")
$6.25 after March 31
|Make all cheques/money orders payable to "Anime North"
Registration forms must be postmarked no later than Mar. 31, 2014
to qualify for the reduced price!
- All entries must be your own composition on an anime theme (or in an anime/manga style) in any medium, including photography. Works based on other, related themes (i.e., Asian, fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, video game) are also generally permitted.
- A straight 5% commission is charged on Art Show sales.
- 3D pieces assembled from commercial kits or patterns may not be displayed.
- All artwork must be in good condition & properly mounted in protective materials (i.e. matting, mounting board or plastic sleeves).
- Our panels are standard 4'x4' pegboard. Your artwork will hang from pegboard hooks with bulldog clips, which we provide. If your artwork can't be clamped with a standard bulldog clip, you must provide secure mounting hardware compatible with a standard pegboard hook. If you intend to hang a business card holder, keep in mind that it must not interfere with artwork or bid sheets; the art show staff will not be responsible for supplying or replenishing business cards or flyers.
- Tables are recommended for the display and sale of 3D artwork.
- The title and the artist's name and address or e-mail address must be printed on the back of each piece, or securely attached to 3D work.
- All artwork must have a unique title for positive identification; "Untitled #1" is not acceptable.
- One copy of a signed, limited-edition print may be hung with original art and sold in the usual method (written/voice bids), provided that no other copies of that print are offered anywhere else at the convention.
- Artists displaying at the Anime North Art Show may also sell multiple copies of a print through the Gallery Store at a fixed sale price.
- A straight 10% commission is charged on Gallery Store sales.
- Indicate on the reservation form how many different prints (not the total quantity) you plan to sell through the Gallery Store. You will be sent special Gallery Store control sheets.
- Unmatted and matted copies of the same image are, for Gallery Store purposes, counted as two titles.
- Two sizes of the same image are, for Gallery Store purposes, counted as two titles.
- Please provide envelopes to protect unmatted prints.
- Each unique item will require a display copy measuring no larger than 8.5" x 11". Different versions of the same image may share one display copy, at the artist's discretion.
- Artists must provide all prints that are to be sold through the Gallery Store. Artists must also verify that all prints are accounted for prior to the completion of their check-in. If you waive this process, the Art Show will not be held responsible for discrepancies.
- Once entered by the artist or agent, artwork may not be withdrawn from the Art Show for private sale, nor may the minimum bid or quick sale price be changed. In addition, more artwork may not be added once your setup is complete.
- The Art Show will be located in Hall F of the Toronto Congress Centre. we will have some one at the entrance to the dealers room to guid you to the Gallery. You may begin to hang your art at approximately 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 22, and continue until 9:00 p.m. The show will open for viewing at 6:00 p.m. Bidding also begins at that time.
- Please notify the Art Show if you will be arriving after 9:00 p.m. on Friday. If notice is not given, then you may not be permitted to check in and hang your art until 10 a.m. on Saturday. If you must withdraw from the Art Show, then reserved space may be resold. Refunds will be given only for space we are able to resell.
- If you are sending your art with a friend, then please provide a letter authorizing him or her to act as your agent and please specify to whom payment should be made. Artwork without written authorization will not be allowed in the Art Show. If you cannot reclaim your own artwork at the end of the show, you will need to make arrangements for an agent to pick up any unsold pieces and your payment on your behalf. All agents must have a valid convention membership.
- All artwork must be in good condition and properly mounted in protective materials (i.e., matting, mounting board or plastic sleeves). It is the artist's responsibility to take every reasonable step to ensure their artwork will not be damaged by setup or teardown of the displays. The Art Show will no longer provide protective materials such as plastic sleeves. Aside from the hooks and clips provided by Gallery Momiji, you are welcome to mount your display in whatever manner you choose, provided that your artwork will be held securely over the course of the weekend, and that it will pose no risk of damage to your own display, that of others, or convention attendees. If artwork has been put on display without proper protection, Gallery Momiji staff will remove it and the panel fee will not be refunded.
- Artist checkout is Sunday, May 24, between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. We will pay artists on site until the cash runs out, and then payment will be made by cheque approximately two weeks thereafter. We will not be responsible for artwork that has not been picked up by the artist or agent by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday unless prior arrangements have been made (i.e., mail-in art).
- Gallery display spaces are occupied at the discretion of the Gallery Curators (Art Show Directors). Anime North reserves the right to refuse sale of gallery panel or table space.
- The display and sale of fan art of the following properties is prohibited at Anime North: Disney (including live-action properties, such as Pirates of the Caribbean), Homestuck, Marvel, The Muppets, Reboot, and Star Wars. Artwork that is found to be in contravention of this policy will be removed.
- Each artist is to be individually registered for their own display space, and display spaces are to be held by single artists only. If your display includes any collaborative work, a signed letter of authorization must be provided by any other artists involved, as if you were their agent (see General Rule #4, above).
Art Sales & Auction:
Art will be auctioned on Sunday morning. Art with 3 written bids or more will go to auction. Art with one written bid is sold to that bidder; art with 2 bids goes to the second bidder. Art with no bids may be sold at minimum bid on Sunday, unless the artist checks "No Sunday Sale" on the bid sheet.
Please be realistic with your minimum bids. All bids are in whole Canadian dollars. Do not put less than you will accept for the item, expecting it to be bid up. Remember, a single bid means the art sells for that price. Pieces that go to live auction but receive no additional bids will be considered to be sold to the highest silent auction bidder.
There will be a Quick Sale option for buyers. If there are no bids on the piece, it may be purchased immediately for the price you set (we recommend at least double the minimum bid). The piece will not be able to be removed from the show until Saturday afternoon at the earliest. If you do not wish to use this option, please put N/A in that space on your control sheet.
If an attendee has registered as a bidder in the Art Auction and places a silent auction bid on a piece, but is unable to pick up their purchase on Sunday (i.e., he/she has registered to attend on Saturday only), then arrangements may be made at the discretion of the Gallery Directors to purchase the artwork immediately after the close of Gallery Momiji on Saturday night. Otherwise, the bidder may appoint a proxy to pick up and pay for the purchased artwork on Sunday by giving them a note of authorization and the bidder paddle registered in the name of the purchaser.
If a piece of art that has been bid on goes to the live auction on Sunday morning but the bidder cannot attend (again, in the case that the individual is attending the convention on Saturday only), then they may appoint a proxy to bid on their behalf by giving them a note of authorization and the buyer's bidder paddle.
In either of these cases, buyers are asked to notify the Gallery Momiji Directors at their earliest convenience.
If a winner fails to remit payment for a piece won at auction, then their contact information may be given to the artist so that they can arrange for payment and shipping of the item.
Hours of Operation:
Artists' Check-In and Setup: 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Open to Public: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Open to Public: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Open to Public: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (for viewing and sales pickup)
Art Auction: 11:00 a.m.
Artists' Pickup: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Artists who intend to arrive late Friday night or early Saturday morning must notify the Art Show in advance to make arrangements for a late check-in. If unexpectedly delayed en route to the convention, please call the Art Show (647-262-0161) and leave a message with the control desk. If notice of withdrawal is given in advance, reserved space may be resold. In all cases, refunds will be given only for space we are able to resell. Display space must be reserved in advance; registrations for the Art Show will no longer be taken on site.
Artists who need to pick up their work before 3:00 p.m. on Sunday are asked to inform Gallery Momiji staff before they check in.
Comic Market and Crafters' Corner:
Shipping Your Art:
If you cannot personally attend or have someone bring your art to the convention, you may arrange to ship your art to the show. We prefer shipment via Post Office (Canada Post/USPS) or FedEx. Please include a cheque or money order for the return shipping fee (equivalent to the cost of shipping your art to the show). Any unused portion of this shipping advance will be refunded. Please use a returnable package. Include a return shipping label, suggested layout, and the return shipping fee (made payable to "Anime North") in a separate envelope inside your package.
Remember to allow ample time for shipping so that your art arrives no later than Friday, May 9, one week before the convention.
Anime North 2014 Art Show
c/o Danielle Bourgeois
1207-20 Godstone dr
North York, Ontario