REGISTRATION FOR THE 2013 CRAFTERS' CORNER IS CLOSED
This year we do not require you to purchase a weekend pass ahead of time. If you submit a table request the price of the table also includes a weekend pass.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the Crafters Corner?
The Crafters Corner is open for amateur 3D crafters only. This area is for those artists who wish to sell textiles, sculptures, cosplay accessories, and anything else not classified as flat paper media.
How do I request a table?
- Your Name(s)
- A brief description of your crafts
Once I receive your email, I will send you a .pdf registration form and contract that you must fill out and snail mail back to me with your cheque.
What classifies someone as an amateur crafter?
- The Artist is representing their individual body of work and nothing that is commercially published or represented by a commercial publisher.
- The Artist is using the tables to display their artwork and skills to the public as a hobby and not for a main source of income/revenue.
- The Artist must be at least 14 years of age by
May 24, 2013.
Please Note that tables cannot be filled by individuals whose names are not registered to Crafters Corner.
What classifies as a registered artist in the Crafters Corner?
The individual(s) whose name(s) appear on the Crafters Corner registration form, have signed the Policy Agreement Contract, and have been confirmed by the Crafters Corner Coordinator.
Who is the crafters' corner coordinator?
The crafters corner coordinator is Chantal Parent.
Where is the Crafters Corner located?
The Crafters Corner will be located next to the Dealers Room in the Toronto Congress Centre.
Each artist or business venture may only request the application of one table maximum, no exceptions.
Each table measures 2' x 6' and costs $120 CDN. This includes the price of the table plus one weekend pass. A table can have a maximum amount of 2 chairs, 2 artist ribbons, and a table cloth. Please note that the artist ribbons do not count as convention badges.
You may register only two names to a table. So if you require a helper, please register them as the second person on the registration form.
Each artist who wishes to apply to the Crafters Corner must:
- Provide a list of name(s) and a detailed list of merchandise emailed to the coordinator for approval.
- Have read and understood both the Anime North Convention Policy and Crafters Corner Policy for 2013.
- Must be at least 14 years of age by
May 24, 2013.
- In possession of a Government-Issued Photo ID on
May 24, 2013for the sign-inprocess.
- Name(s) - Maximum of two names. These must be the same names on your preregistration as well as the Government ID you bring during sign-in.
- Detailed Merchandise List – Be as detailed as possible with the types of merchandise you plan to sell. The deadline to make additions to this list is
May 1, 2013. Applications will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis based on the timestamp on the e-mail received. NO exceptions.
Any reservations that are sent before the open date will be ignored.
Registration and Payment
Once you have received your table registration form along with the policy contract agreement from the Crafters Corner Coordinator, fill it in with the required information and mail your forms to:
P.O. Box 11, Stn P
If the cheque or money order is not made out to “Anime North Japanese Animation Convention” IT WILL NOT BE VALID.
- PLEASE USE THE SAME NAME ON THE FORMS AS THE IDENTIFICATION YOU PLAN TO USE FOR SIGN IN.
- PLEASE USE THIS ADDRESS SPECIFICALLY AS IT IS WRITTEN OR THE LETTER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE MAIL BOX.
- Do NOT send cash in the mail.
- Drop-offs will NOT BE ACCEPTED. All forms MUST be mailed to the above address.
- You have up to 10 business days from the day of your confirmation to send in your payment otherwise your application will be cancelled.
- Please keep in mind any non-sufficient fund (NSF) cheques will be subject to a $20 fee.
If you have registered for a table with the Crafters Corner and cannot attend Anime North 2013, please contact the Crafters Corner Coordinator at
Please advise the Crafters Corner Coordinator if you will be unable to register during this time. No-shows after 11am on Saturday will have their tables reassigned to another interested artist on site.
Open access to convention attendees: Friday May 25, 2012: 5pm - 10pm
Open access to convention attendees: Saturday May 26, 2012: 10 am - 8pm
Open access to convention attendees: Sunday May 27, 2012: 10am - 5pm
Times are subject to change
Sale and Display of Merchandise
Artists may sell and create their art and merchandise in the Crafters Corner, so long as the content sold at their table does not include copyrighted images that are already licensed by other companies. Only the artwork of the artists registered to the table may be sold at that table. You may not represent any artist that is NOT present at your table or registered with the Crafters Corner at any time. The ONLY EXCEPTION to this rule are those selling collaborative pieces.
a2. Merchandise prohibited for sale
- Absolutely no merchandise that is considered to be illustrated paper media is allowed for sale in the Crafters Corner. Examples include but are not limited to prints, magnets, buttons, and doujinshi. Please contact the Crafters Corner coordinator if you have any questions about prohibited merchandise.
- Licensed Merchandise such as fanart of any Disney character (not only limited to Mickey Mouse and friends characters) are not allowed to be sold in the Comic Market. For example: Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Replicas of existing artwork such as official artwork from other licensed creations, or artworks depicting trademarks or copyrighted logos are not allowed and considered copyright infringement, prosecutable by law.
- The resale of food, used goods or retail items, (like pocky, art books, or doujinshi made by non-registered artists) are not allowed. If you wish to do this, you must purchase a Dealer’s Table. Please note that you may be fined by the TCC if you are caught selling food outside of the dealer’s room.
- The sale of sexual paraphernalia of ANY sort is prohibited in the Crafters Corner.
Artists may set up their reserved space as they see fit as long as it does not interfere with the areas of other artists or violate any Anime North OR TCC regulations. The reserved space is limited to the area provided by the convention.
NO overhanging displays into other Artists' tables, doorways, corridors, or otherwise will be allowed.
c1. Adult Material
Exhibitors may NOT display material depicting nudity or sexual conduct unless it is covered or displayed in such a way that minors cannot view explicit material. Adult material must not be accessible to minors in any way. No adult material may be sold, given, or distributed to a minor. The acceptability of displays of adult material is at the sole discretion of the Crafters Corner Coordinator. Display content (such as images and signage) must not be derogatory in nature (i.e. racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise offensive to the general public).
This rule does not only concern current artwork. You may NOT display any commission work on your table that violates the above restrictions.
c2. Adult Material Approval
If you are selling any art work in this category, you are required to bring a display copy of your work to the Crafters Corner Staff table where the Crafters Corner coordinator will stamp your work with an 18+ or PG13 rating.
If your work receives an 18+ rating, it cannot be openly displayed on the table or be within reach of minors. Such works may only be viewable to individuals over the age of 18 years old and with presentation of a valid photo ID. Please note that selling adult content artwork to minors is punishable by law. If your work receives a PG13 rating, it will be allowed to be openly displayed on your table.
The stamp allows security and convention attendees to know that your work has been approved for display by the Crafters Corner Coordinator. Please make use of this procedure to avoid problems during the convention as failing to do so may result in loss of your table.
Protection of Valuables
Exhibitors are responsible for their own property, merchandise, and money, and under no circumstances will either Anime North or its agents be liable for loss or damage including, but not limited to, merchandise, equipment, or revenue.
The Toronto Congress Centre will be locked down at the end of every night; however it is still the responsibility of the artists/exhibitors to look after their own property.
All participants MUST obey both Crafters Corner and Anime North Convention policies and rules. Blocking hallways, aisles and fire exits will not be tolerated. Any behaviour that disrupts the convention or the premises, or is considered by Anime North as damaging to individuals, property, or the reputation of the convention will result in the loss of Crafters Corner privileges, loss of membership and expulsion from the convention. If you have any concerns during the convention, please bring them to the attention of the Crafters Corner staff. Failure to follow these rules may result in the loss of your table without refund.
Behaviour not acceptable in the Comic Market includes (but is not limited to):
- Taking chairs from other artists.
- Sitting and selling merchandise at tables not assigned to you.
- Selling the work of artists not registered to your table.
- Allowing someone not registered to the Crafters Corner to sell at your table. Allowing so is a breach of contract. The tables are only RENTED to the artists who have specifically registered for the area and signed the policy agreement and thus individuals who have not registered and signed that contract may not be at the tables at any given time.
- Lewd behaviour, intimate displays of affection and touching inappropriate for a family atmosphere will not be tolerated in the Crafters Corner. This is a family convention. Please consider the general convention conduct as covered by the convention policy.
- Harassment of Crafters Corner Staff, Anime North Staff, Anime North Volunteers, or other Crafters Corner participants. (i.e. disrespecting the staff's authority, inappropriate language, and/or behaviour, etc.)
- Applying for or signing in for a Crafters Corner space under a name not your own.
- Offensive emails to Anime North staff members, mass trolling (continuous posts of offensive messages) directed to Anime North staff members in electronic forums.
Reservations for Crafters Corner tables are allocated at the sole discretion of the Anime North Crafters Corner Team. Anime North is in no way obligated to provide tables to any person, persons, or group, and reserves the right to not accept applications from any person, persons, or group which have violated the Code of Conduct specified above. All complaints, conflicts, or discrepancies concerning the Crafters Corner staff and/or the artists should be directed to and only to the Crafters Corner coordinator.