Welcome to the home page for Anime North: Canada's premier fan run Anime convention!
Anime North is an anime convention located in Toronto, Canada that celebrates anime, manga, music, games and all other forms of Japanese Culture!
Anime North will be the weekend of May 27 - 29, 2016 at the Toronto Congress Centre and International Plaza Hotel.
2015 AN-JCCC Halloween and Doujinka Festival Table Registration Open
Wednesday, 22 July 2015 22:46
Vendor and Doujinka Table registration is now open for the 2015 AN-JCCC Halloween and Doujinka Festival. Table availability on a first come first served basis.
|When:||October 30, 2015|
|Where:||Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre|
|When:||7:00 PM - Midnight (doors open at 6:30 PM)|
|Who to contact:||Regina Beecham - Vendors
Jessica Simon - Artists
To make it easier to identify between the vendors and artist communication, please make sure put the following tags in the subject line.
- Use [VENDOR] for Vendors Tables
- Use [ARTIST] for Artists Tables
Anime North 2016 Hotel Room Blocks Opening Soon!
Sunday, 21 June 2015 11:39
Eager to book your hotel rooms for Anime North 2016? Our official event hotels open for booking June 22, 2015. All other overflow hotels will open on August 1, 2015.
Toronto Japanese Film Festival - June 11-26
Saturday, 30 May 2015 03:39
The Japanese Canadian Cultural Center presents the 2015 Toronto Japanese Film Festival, running from June 11-26 with 19 new films, including the award-winning anime film Giovanni's Island on Saturday, June 13th, co-presented by Anime North. This showing will also include a short talk by Dr. Sandra Arnet, Film Professor at Wilfred Laurier University. For tickets and full information, go to http://jccc.on.ca/torontojff.
Thank You To All Our Attendees
Wednesday, 27 May 2015 00:55
Thank you to all our attendees. We hope everyone had an awesome time. We look forward to seeing you all again for Anime North 2016 on May 27-29.
2015 Costume Workmanship Contest Winners
Tuesday, 26 May 2015 23:43
The winners of the 2015 Costume Workmanship Contest are:
- AMI WINTER UNIFORM (Intermediate) - Best in Division: Intermediate
- GUILD WAR ENGINEER (Master) - Best Weathering
- ESCHA MALIER (Novice) - Excellence in Technique
- MUNAKATA REISI (Novice) - Honourable Mention for Jacket Construction
- SAKURA FROM TSUBASA CHRONICLE (Master) - Excellence in Embellishments
- ZYLVEON (Intermediate) - Armour Design and Finishing
- PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM FROM ADVENTURE TIME (Novice) - Honourable Mention for Best Colour Choices
- FRAN - FINAL FANTASY 12 (Master) - Best in Division: Master
- SAKURA KINOMOTO (Novice) - Best in Division: Novice
- BILBO BAGGINS (Intermediate) - Screen Accurate Reproduction
- PERSONA 3 (Novice) - Cleanest Construction
- SONA (Novice) - Applique Application
- VICTORIAN HARLEY QUINN (Novice) - Best Original Costume
Also, photos from the Costume Workmanship Contest are available at https://www.flickr.com/gp/86609134@N00/06Gg27
Thanks to all who participated!
Masquerade Registration Options
Friday, 22 May 2015 00:32
The Saturday Masquerade has some new options this year.
First, there are two options to sign up this year.
- Option 1: Paper Entry Form. This is the same form used in previous years.
- Option 2: NEW - Google Form and Signed Agreement to Rules Form.
In both cases, you are not registered until all group members have signed the Masquerade rules acknowledging that you have read, and agree to abide by, all masquerade rules, and it has been accepted and reviewed by Masquerade staff.
Read the Entry Form section of the Saturday Masquerade page for more information.
Second, with the move to the North Building of the TCC, we will be providing a bag check and changing rooms. Participants will be able to drop off their costumes and props starting at 10:00 AM on Saturday at the North Building of the TCC and will be able to change there instead of walking over in costume. The bag check room will close 30 minutes after the Masquerade ends so all items must be retrieved by then.
Special Presentation by the Consulate General of Japan in Toronto
Thursday, 21 May 2015 23:48
The Consulate General of Japan in Toronto is running a special presentation on Friday in the Halton Room of the International Plaza. Get fascinating insights into must-go-and-see places and trends in Japan with a light reception with free refreshments will follow.
Page 1 of 11«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»